L'Occitane en Provence, "the Occitan woman," or commonly known as L'Occitane, is a French luxury retailer of body, face, and hair fragrances along with many other home products. While they are an international company based in Manosque, France, they have a strong presence in Hong Kong, with over a dozen stores across the city. As a brand, L'Occitane places a strong emphasis on sustainability, evidenced by their various sustainable initiatives and practices. Make sure to take advantage of their Eco refills program, which not only greatly reduces plastic, but also costs less too.
- Majority of packaging is made with recycled materials or uses resources that are renewable or from sustainably managed forests
- Minimizes carbon footprint by limiting the use of air transport and promoting the use of renewable energy
- 92% of products contains at least 90% natural ingredients, while 57% contains over 95%
- Strongly promotes usage of their “eco refills”, which uses 90% less plastic than your average cosmetics bottle
- Promotes biodiversity through sustainable growing practices
- Runs a sustainable concept store in Pacific Place with refills