Translating to “hope” in Japanese, Kibo is a Hong Kong based start-up with their own line of fashionable yet sustainable kicks. From recycled leather sneakers to footwear related accessories, Kibo is one of the best places to shop for shoes of any occasion. The founders of Kibo both worked in fashion previously, and having witnessed the massive amount of waste, sustainability has always been at the forefront of Kibo.
- Over 50% of the leather in each shoe is made from recycled materials
- 95% of the water used in manufacturing is reused
- Over 20% of the shoelaces are made from recycled plastic bottles
- Insoles are made from fully natural materials such as cork with recycled rubber padding
- Collaborates and donates frequently to local charities